Upload Photo and Passport Page1
Surrender of Indian Passport
Documents Required for Surrender of Indian Passports
|1.||Duly filled application form.|
|2.||Printed & signed copy of the declaration form (to be attached with each application).|
|3.||Original Indian Passport (Last/Valid Indian passport at the time of Naturalization).|
|4.||Self-attested photocopy of Indian passport (All used pages).|
|5.||Two recent 50 mm * 50 mm size photographs. Please check the Photo Specification..|
|6.||Self-attested photocopy of the current British / Foreign Passport( Only the photo page*) *Note- If the applicant has had more than one British passports since naturalisation, They are required to submit the original first British passport & self-attested photocopies of all the pages of the first British passport’..|
|7.||Self-attested photocopy of British / Foreign Naturalisation certificate|
|8.||If UK Passport has not yet been obtained, a declaration from the Applicant stating “My UK passport is under process should be submitted..|
|9.||If the applicant is born in UK /abroad and obtained foreign/British Nationality on the basis of Birth in the country and not by naturalisation then applicant is required to provide a photocopy of the full Birth Certificate. Applicants applying under Deemed Surrender Certificate category are required to submit the photocopy of the last Indian passport and first British passport in addition to the above applicable documents.|
Applicants need to be aware of the below:
- If the applicant has had more than one foreign passport since naturalization, he/she is required to submit the original first foreign passport obtained after naturalization & self-attested photocopies of all the pages of that foreign passport.
- In case of Minor’s Application/Declaration either of the parents can sign the application form/declaration.
- Applicants are requested to submit/send the photocopies of the supporting documents (not the originals) unless originals are requested.
- All applicants who have had a name change after acquiring British or any other nationality should fill in the surrender form using the name mentioned on their last/valid Indian Passport. Applicant should also be aware that the surrender certificate will be issued on the name mentioned of their ‘surrendered’ Indian Passport.
- Processing times vary from application to application at the sole discretion of the High Commission of India and its Consulates in the UK, and some applications may take longer than others to get processed.
- This list is not exhaustive and does not guarantee a Surrender Certificate. The High Commission of India or its Consulates reserve the right to ask for additional documents if required.
Please read important notes below very carefully:
|Travels made using Indian Passport after 3 months of obtaining foreign nationality||£ 160.00 for each travel made using the Indian Passport (total penalty on travel will not exceed £ 800)|
|Retention of Indian Passport for more than 3 years after acquiring foreign citizenship||£ 160.00|
|Renewal/Reissue(each time) after obtaining a foreign nationality||£ 399.00|
|Indian Passport got re-issued/renewed after obtaining foreign nationality and travelled using Indian Passport||£ 399.00 for renewal + £ 160.00 for each travel made on that passport|
|Misc. Service obtained on Indian Passport after acquisition of foreign citizenship for each occasion||£ 160.00|